Question
Posted by: Hardus | 2004/12/14

suffer from high cholestrol, want to gain weight for sport, what to eat?

I play rugby and would like to gain about 10kg , I am 1.86m and weighs 85kg.

Dear Hardus
Seeing that your present BMI is already 24,6, and you have a cholesterol problem, you need to only gain muscle tissue, not fat. To achieve this you have to increase your intake of carbohydrate and lean protein. Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition & Supplements' and read the articles on 'Carbohydrates and Proteins', which will help you calculate how much carbohydrate and protein you require. You should also keep in mind that building muscle tissue requires daily exercise using weights and that this is a slow process. Do your muscle building exercises and be patient, you will build those muscles.
Good luck with your training programme