Question
Posted by: Lindy | 2004/11/01

Sudden Sharp Pains

Dear Doc

I'm a 28 yr old female,and lately I get these sharp very painful pains in my left knee (it's happened twice now),it happens just out of the blue,and then I can't walk on it for a while,but then it goes away again. And last week I experienced a sharp pain in my lower back,same thing,happens all of a sudden and then goes again. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary except for normal house work.
Is there reason for concern??

Lindy, I doubt that there is reason for concern as it is probably just due to inflammation, but if it continues the best would be to have it see to as it might be due to a cartilage problem or something. In the meantime you can try taking something like Brexecam® for a couple of days. Good luck.