Question
Posted by: Margo | 2007/04/08

Sudden onset of migraine type headache

About two weeks ago I started getting a migraine type headache (I have been a headache sufferer for a number of years due to spinal problems which have been fixed) which sits mainly in the corner of my right eye, every time I blink or move my eye the pain becomes more intense and the corner of my eye starts swelling up, also the skin around it starts changing colour from pink to light purple. What can I do?

Dear Margo
Please see your doctor - this does not sound like migraine to me but could be temporal arthritis, a condition that can make you blind.