Question
Posted by: Meagan | 2007/12/18

Sudden onset of bedwetting in adult.

I'm a 25 year old female.Just recently I have had a couple of incidents of wetting the bed.I don't even realised it has happened until I wake up in the morning.I have never wet the bed before in my life.Each time this has happened I also dreamt that I was urinating in the bathroom.This is a terribly embarrassing situation and I'm too ashamed to speak to anyone about it.I have been under a lot of stress at work lately and been short on sleep.I don't know if this could be a contributing factor.

Dear Meagan
Bed-wetting that starts in adulthood is called secondary enuresis and is uncommon. You definitely need to see your doctor as this can be a sign of Diabetes, Urinary tract infection, Urinary tract stones, Bladder cancer , Obstructive sleep apnoea, and rarely it is due to anxiety.

1
Posted by: Worried | 2008/01/28

I am a 24 year old female and for the past three years am occassionaly wetting my bed, this however only happens if I have taken a few (alcoholic) drinks, as it seems that I fall into a too deep sleep and only discover that my bed is wet when I wake up. I am under no stress whatsoever and as you can imagine I am terribly ashamed end embarressed about this. Is there any medication and/or treatments that I can take?

Reply to Worried