Question
Posted by: chrissy | 2002/12/04

sudden deterioration in eyesight

Hi doc, I am 47 yr w female and overweight - very. I'm experiencing water retention around ankles and lower calfs - a tingling which is slightly alleviated if I raise my legs for a while. The second problem is my eyesight is playing up - more than the usual 40something myopia. Lately I have short episodes of blurred vision and I my eyesight seems worse at certain times - I'm sure I'm not imagining this....

My life is stressful and I have constant headaches (for a year now) starting at the back of head on righthand side at neck going up in an arc over to top of head?

Please advise.

Chrissy, there a quite a few possible causes for your symptoms and the best would be to see a specialist physician. He will have to make sure that you don’t suffer from high blood pressure, heart problems, thyroid problems, diabetes, glaucoma, etc. the best would be to make an appointment and get it over and done with before the holidays start so that you can enjoy your holiday without having to worry about it. Good luck.