Question
Posted by: heartbroken | 2007/02/21

sudden death

my sister died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday, she was 44
and has 2 kids aged 12 and 14, she left behind a loving husband. i am devastated and dont know how to deal with this. my heart is aching for those kids. I know tim is a great healer but thanks for letting me vent my sorrow.

You're very welcome to vent your sorrow --- let me express sympathy for you all in this time of great loss --- of course it is deeply upsetting. The death of a loved one is never easy ; the more so when it is unexpected and when they are younger. Time will indeed eventually bring comfort, and the ability to remember the happy aspects of the relationship, and not onl the bitterness of the loss, but it's hard to be patient when one feels so sad.

3
Posted by: anon | 2007/02/22

My sincere condolences on your loss of your dear sister. It is never easy, I also lost my Dad about 11 months ago rather suddenly and unexpected. You must just allow yourself time to grieve, some days you will feel ok, coping, other days you will feel you on a rollercoaster ride. Your sisters's children need you now more than ever, so perhaps being there for them, is what your sister would want and appreciate more than anything. Like the others said it will take some time, the pain gets easier and may you find comfort and peace in the days ahead. The period leading up to the funeral is the busiest then afterwards it can be really lonely difficult time. If you need some help, talking to someone, call Lifeline, they are always there to listen.

Grieving is a process and be gentle on yourself. Don't expect too much, take each day, one day at a time. May God Bless you and your family.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Joanne | 2007/02/22

I am so sorry, it is never an easy thing for those our loved ones leave behind. Focus on the good times you had together, it will be very bittersweet at first. Is there any tribute you could do for her, like planting a tree somewhere in a hospital or somewhere where it will be seen by everyone?

Reply to Joanne
Posted by: Sandy | 2007/02/21

Heartbroken i am so sorry for your loss,and theirs. A sudden death is not easy. I lost my dad suddenly seven months ago and it still feels like yesterday. The only advice i can attempt to give, if for u to grieve when u need to, and to be there for those kids..... They will need all the support they can get. God bless u.....

Reply to Sandy