Question
Posted by: Freaked | 2004/11/18

Sudden breakout - hormone related?

Hi there! The skin on my back and face has always been relatively clear, with the odd pimple now and again. But now, all of a sudden for the past few weeks I've had this ugly breakout of pimples on my back, but not just little ones, its the ones that're almost boil like, and there're so many of them! And I've got a couple on my shoulders and chest, and my face has also broken out into pimples. Plus I've also been hungry of late, like all the time, like the same time as i've broken out! What is causing this and how can I stop it!

Freaked, it might be due to a thyroid or blood sugar problem, but I can’t do more than guess from this side of the screen. The best would be to see your doctor before it becomes worse. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Freaked | 2004/11/19

No, I'm not taking any medicine or pills or anything at the moment. I'm almost 21, and all of a sudden my body's going bizurk! I mean, i showed my mom and sister my back, and they were like 'eeww'....i feel so ugly. i dont know what to do.

Reply to Freaked
Posted by: Alicia | 2004/11/18

Are you not, by any chance, taking some form of medication? Many drugs cause skin problems.

Reply to Alicia