Question
Posted by: marie | 2005/12/06

sudden anal bleeding woman 36

I use antidepressants, nerve pills as described and i self medicate with +/- 10 adco doll a day I also use 6 senokots per day. I have been doing this for years. Last night I went to the toilet for number 2 and there was a lot of blood in my stool. It's better now but i still feel an uneasy feeling in the right side of my stomac. I cant tell anybody in my family about my addiction to my self medicating meds. I have no medical aid and i am feeling very alone and scared. Please respond. Ps: I am not proud of mysfelf and wish that things could change

Dear Marie
It depends on how much blood you think is a lot, if it was more than a teaspoon full, mixed with the stool and not just on wiping, you need to have your GP check for problems in the bowel. Less blood only on wiping could be a pile that bled. My advice is to not ignore anal bleeding - have it checked out.