Question
Posted by: Laura | 2004/01/12

Sudden abdominal pain -20 weeks pregnant

Am 20 weeks pregnant. Was involved in a minor car accident this morning. Was fine straight after. But in the past 1/2 hour have started experiencing severe lower abdominal pain. Leave for the airport in 20 mins. Is it serious??

Laura, I¡¦m sorry that I didn¡¦t answer your question immediately, but this for is not intended for emergencies. The cramps were probably due to the shock and not premature labour, but if there is any sign of cramps when you receive this reply, you should see your gynaecologist a.s.a.p. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Belle | 2004/01/12

Hi laura

You are not likely to get an answer so soon from the doc. Rather phone your gynae and tell the receptionist that it is an emergency. He will tell you what to do but speak to him before you leave. Dont take a chance

Reply to Belle