Question
Posted by: Juliet | 2007/04/03

Suckling

I have two white longhaired kittens (both are deaf) who is turning 3 months tomorrow. When the girl wakes up during the night she starts purring extremely hard and then tries to suckle on my nose and on my ear. When she comes close to my nose I blow in her face but this can keep on for probably 30 min before she settles down again. I dont mind her nuzzling or licking but not the suckling. How can I get her to stop.

It takes patience and training and will take a week or more until she learns not to suck. They do learn if you move them away repeatedly without getting frustrated with the repeated attempts to get close to you.