Question
Posted by: D. Price | 2005/01/11

substitute for bread

I am finding that I eat a large amount of bread, being a batchelor, as well as run a hectic life style with meetings over the meal hour, invariably I will hit the bread bin. I do not exercise, other than walks two or three times per week. I am putting the weight on very fast around my stomach. I am almost certain that the problem lies with my bread consumption, WHAT can I use in place of bread and if I eat too much it is not going to add on extra weight round my middle.

Many thanks.

Dear D
It is probably not the bread itself that is causing the weight gain but what you eat with the bread (spreads, fatty fillings, etc) and a lack of exercise. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). You will see that you can still eat bread but that the foods you combine with it need to be low in fat.

1
Posted by: ven | 2005/01/11

My problem also i cut out on bread & rice & patato's was on a hgh protein diet from June till Nov i lost 13 kg & lost from 87 kg to 74 kg.
eat lots of veg & fruit. fish & chicken twice a week red meat.
2 litres of water a day.
2 glasses of tab no sugar but canderel, im doing well even after the holidays only pick up 1 kg:
now this week back on trak again:
try it work for me:good luck

Reply to ven