Question
Posted by: Nitronic | 2006/04/12

Substance!!

I am a rugby player and love the game. The start of the 2006 season i stareted using thinz, before each game i took one capsule. Thinz is working for me and gives me a lot of energy actually.

What i need to know is , Is Thinz bad for you????
and what legal substance do you recommend i can use for rugby?

Hi Nitronic

I'm not convinced about Thinz - I did an internet search and found a number of products carrying the title Thinz - some are probably not related to what you are taking, others may be. From what I can gather (and correct me if I am wrong), thinz are a herbal supplement designed to release energy slowly.

Now, to answer your question, maybe they work, maybe they don't. Certainly you feel that they work for you. Quite whether they have side effects or may be harmful is the even bigger question. The problem with these supplements, is that whether they are herbal or not, they are never ever tested and so there are always claims about how effective they are, but no one ever tests this or the risk of possibly serious side effects. In contrast, medicines have to undergo years of testing, first in labs, then on animals, then on humans. Supplements have no testing. So I'm afraid I can't help with an answer to that question. There is a risk in taking them, and it's up to you as to whether you continue or not.