Posted by: Abused Man | 2007/03/29

Subject: Want a divorce how do I tell he

How do i tell my wife that it is over?

She can have everything, just want out

Emotionally abused, can't take more

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I'd recommend that you see a personal counsellor first, so that you don't over-react --- if she is emotionally abusive, separation and then divorce may be a wise move --- but don't take a "she can have everything"| approach --- she surely doesn't, if abusive, deserve "everything" and cannot block you from getting a divorce.
Do not buy the implicit message of all abusers that you are somehow undeserving and should be submissive --- look after yourself well, emotionally and financially, with good psychological / counselling and financial / legal advice

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: C. | 2007/03/29

Say: "Honey, What would you like for dinner? An empty wallet / bank account or a quick divorce?'"

Reply to C.
Posted by: jane | 2007/03/29

there is no easy way unfortunately so you just need to come out and say it. she probably does not even realise how far she has pushed you and it will be a shock for her and just because you want it dont think the road ahead is not an emotional one. when you say emotional abuse what do you mean, does she not speak to your properly and how long have you been married for?

Reply to jane

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.