Question
Posted by: Alta | 2007/04/23

Sub conscious stress

Whilst sleeping, you clench your teeth until they eventually crack & break, but have no idea why? How do you determine the cause of the stress?? Awake you can think of no reason to be stressed/depressed.

Unless there is an obvious cause, the cause is irrelevant, It is generally a bad habit we getinto, for whatever reason, and, as you say, it can damage the teeth. A dentist can arrange for you to get a sort of tooth shield to wear in your mouth while you sleep, which can protect against that

2
Posted by: Alta | 2007/04/23

Hi there, thanx for the feedback. I am currently wearing a bite plate at night & am under treatment with a prosthodontist, and physio twice a week for my jaw. The physio has helped but he insists that i must find out the cause of my stress!? Everytime i see him, he harps on the stress factor. The only thing stressing me now is that i don't know what is causing the (according to him) stress. Am due to see him again tomorrow and know he is going to go on about the stress issue. Should i just ignore the issue?

Reply to Alta
Posted by: RMC | 2007/04/23

Sometimes it is just a bad habit.

Reply to RMC