Question
Posted by: xXx | 2005/11/21

Stupid

I wish I could tell all these stupid straight people how many straight couples have anal sex..... must the bible also be slapped in their faces?! my god, when are straights gonna wake up....

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi xXx and thanks for posting on our forum, you sound seriously pissed off by something but don't tell us what that is. Anal sex is a normal aspect of human sexual intimacy and expression that occurs in all aspects of society - irrespective of culture, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion. Surely everyone knows that? Young and old, Muslim and Christian, straight and gay, male and female - we all have the same physiological nervous system that includes a concentration of nerves around the anal area that culminates in the anus being an erogenous zone. In men, the presence of the highly sensitive prostate gland adds intensely increased pleasure during anal stimulation. On the other hand we need to acknowledge that no all gay men choose to indulge in anal sex.

Analphobia is one of the most significant constructs of homophobia and homo-prejudice, and is a strong indicator of the social taboo not only related to anal sex but against the anus in general. The anal area is not discussed socially – you can say that your throat is sore, your ankles are swollen, someone’s liver is screwed or that your balls are itching but you’re forbidden to say that your arse is sore.

It often surprises people that lesbian couples - not restrained by the heterosexist notions of penile-vaginal stimulation - choose to engage in anal sex. Many straight men have fantasies about being anally penetrated.

Maybe you should tell us what inspired you to post your message...