Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2008/01/22

Studying....concentration....

Hi doc, I'm ashamed to admit that i have been using thinz slimming mixture for the past 5 years to help me study. The efodrine (however u spell) helped give me that little boost after a full day at work to study & helped with my concentration.

As i'm sure u know it has made me terribly ill and the thought of taking it again just makes me sick. I can't sleep after i take it etc etc

Anyway so i need to know what u can recommend for studying to help concentration. I sit down after work and try study but i just can't seem to concentrate. I've taken bio-plus and all that stuff but nothing helps. I really don't want to start thinz again so i really need to find something that can help me.

Tks
Natalie

Frankly, I think all these slimming "remedies" ought to be removed from the market. And as soon as you start using them for reasons they were not intended for, or in doses other than what they recommend, you're moving into substance abuse territory. And though we know that it can cause such problems, I know of no good research on how to deal with such problems. So stop using this product. DRUGS do not help concentration. A good diet, good exercise, and a general leval of moderation with enough sleep, DOES help improve concentratioen, as does using good study habits ( and check, wherever you are studying, there should be some student health service and study methods counselling. I suspect a good part of your problem is that you have convinced yourself that you cannot concentrate without using some substance to artificially enhance it. In fact, none of them help, and many of them hinder.

3
Posted by: John | 2008/01/22

Try to learn an effective study method that does not require you to hit the books for more than 1 hour at a time. You do not need bioplus to study for one hour.

If you need to study for long hours then your workload is artificially high and you need to plan your work so that you have a less punishing schedule. Learn an effective technique (like mind-mapping, for example) and study in chunks of one hour.

Good luck.

Reply to John
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/22

I would agree with Nia, the best time to study is early in the morning. Rather go to bed earlier, set your alarm clock and get up a few hours earlier, study and go off to work.

Please stop taking slimming medication immediately. Not only does it harm the body it interfers in ones hormones. You most probably are addicted to it in a way and are suffering the harmful side effects, When you try and stop it you feel awful, the inability to concentrate and you feel tired and flat. Don't worry it will get out of your system.

Focus on eating a healthy diet, do some exercise like a brisk walk or something healthy, taking the stairs, walking during your lunch hr.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nia | 2008/01/22

A few years ago I studied for my masters degree while doing a full time job. In the evenings after work I was too tired to study or concentrate properly, so I started to study in the mornings before I go to work. I studied from 3h to 6h each morning, then went to work and went to bed at 20h00 in the evenings. It worked for me because I was fresh and ready to study in the mornings and there is not much else to do that time of the day- nor are their any distrurbances. Try it and see if it work for you.

Reply to Nia