Question
Posted by: Myburgh | 2004/11/25

Studying Psychology

I am currently studying Psychology and would like to know as to what other fields in psychology can one venture into should one not be able to obtain a Masters/Doctorate degree, as I have heard that even if you get distinctions, you are not guaranteed entrance?

Also, do you know of any websites, where I could research careers in accordance with psychology?

Greatly appreciate it

Tracey Myburgh

Hi Tm,
I'm not quite clear here. It sounds as if you are wondering, if one for any reason fails the Masters / Doctorate degree, whether one can still use the studies one has done for some similar work. I'm not sure. One would probably not be qualified to be registered as a practising psychologist, though maybe the background could be useful in fields of work like the HR depts of companies, or maybe some of the courses could be recognized if one registered to study in a different field. The specifics could be so relevant here, it'd be best to discuss this with one of your current teachers, for very specific advice. I don't know of any specific websites such as you ask about, but try a google.com seach and see what you find.