Question
Posted by: Nutcase | 2006/11/01

Study psychology

Hi CS

I want to know.... is there a (psychology) term for a person who studies and chooses psychology as a profession, in order to find answers to their own (personal) life issues/problems/situations. Whether they do this consciously or subconsciously, I do not know.

I have heard that a number of people choose the profession for the same reason.

Just wondering....

There's no specific term for it, and why should we consider this inappropriate ? Some people study history because they;re interested in the history of themselves or their family ; or architecture because they're intrigued by the puzzles and problems of structures. WHat reasons SHOULD someone have for being interested in studying psychology ?