Question
Posted by: Sun | 2005/07/13

Stubborn Iron Deficiency

Hi Doctor, I've have a ferritin test regularly ordered by my GP, he says its meant to be 30, and its been between 1-5 for two years already, despite heaps of iron pills even gericomplex. I am only 23. Nothing makes it right, should I just live with it? What to do? I eat meat and veg daily. My GP says its not his specialty

Sun, has anyone tried to find out why this is the case? The most common cause is blood loss - menstruation in women and gastro-intestinal bleeding in both genders. Let me know as a new question and we’ll take it from there (I won’t take so long to answer again). Good luck.