Question
Posted by: VOETJIES | 2005/01/13

struglling to gain weight

I am a couch potato, I need to gain weight especialy around my buttocks. What is the formula I binge on food with no results.

Dear Voetjies
I apologise for only responding to your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone Magda on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about this and other Nutritional Supplements.