Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2012/09/17

Struggling to lose weight....

I''m 29, 1.71m tall and weigh 64kg. I am dying to get to 58kg.
I have followed the Special-K diet for two weeks (2 bowls a day and small dinner at night fir about three fruit portions a day)
Dinner is fish, (a protein) with a salad and veggies )

With my limited intake of food I can''t loose weight. My husband cut out all sugars for two weeks sand lost 1.5kg. I did the same and didn''t loose a thing.

Often I go through stages where I don''t eats anything during the day, just my dinner at night....still even by starving myself I don''t lose anything...

I also go walking for 30 minutes 3 - 4 times a week.

Why am I not losing weight through I am trying...special K diet sucks.... I am getting very frustrated.

Dear Charmaine
Seeing that your present BMI = 21.9 which is ideal for adult women, you may well do yourself a great deal of harm if you force your body to lose additional weight. If you do reach 58 kg, your BMI will equal 19.9 which is already in the underweight rang tending towards anorexia. So please leave this strict dietitian alone, start eating a normal balanced diet and use your exercise to sculpt your body which is already thin. The human body will always resit being forced into an unhealthy situation and we should learn to listen to our bodies in such cases.
Take care

1

Dear Charmaine
Take care