Posted by: Melissa | 2008/09/29

I am a 30 year old female and had my third child 6 months ago. I work full time and therefore I do not breastfeed. I have been battling terribly to lose weight, I eat healthy and balanced and do Tae-Bo 3 times a week, I also drink a lot of water, but I just seem to be piling on the kilos! I am tired all the time, my clothes do not fit, I now weigh more than ever before, my weight at present is 80kg and I am supposed to weigh 60kg!
Please, Please help me, my body size is getting me down! Do you know of any diet medication that I could use? I am desperate!!

Dear Melissa
Congratulations on the birth of your third baby. If you are eating an energy-reduced diet (?) and doing aerobic exercise like the Tae-Bo and still have not lost weight in 6 months, then I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to determine if you don't suffer from a hormone imbalanced (thyroid, insulin or female hormones). If you should suffer from insulin resistance (IR) then it is essential for you to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’.
Keep up the good work with the exercise and try doing 30 min a day (not necessarily Tae-Bo, but walking, or skipping on the days when you don't go to TB).

Posted by: babe | 2008/09/30

waiting for a reply

Reply to babe
Posted by: babe | 2008/09/30

I was pregnant last year and lost my baby at 27 weeks due to hypertension.I gained alot of weight and I am finding it very hard to lose all this extra weight can you assist and give me a diet plan to follow with the correct food I should eat daily.

Reply to babe