Question
Posted by: RS | 2004/02/13

Struggling to fell pregnant after 5 years on the injection.

Doctor, how long does it normally take for a women to fell pregnant. I am from the family planning August 2003. Please submit me with an answer.

It can take up to a year to fall pregnant, longer if you have been using the injection.

3
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/16

I am also totally against this form of contraception IF you are planning a family.
I was one of the lucky ones, falling pregnant 4 months after the last shot, but I know that from this forum alone, alot of woman struggle to fall pregnant, and I agree with Linda, they should definetely include this as a disadvantage.

Good luck to you, and hang in there, it will happen sooner or later, never loose faith!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: linda | 2004/02/16

it can take up to two years to fall pregnant. i still don't understand why they don't say this as a disadvantage. I waited teo and half years and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.
good luck

Reply to linda
Posted by: Lia | 2004/02/15

I fell pregnant immediately after coming off Demo Provera. It was a "glips". (I was on the injection for four years and only decided to go off it, because I had heard it could cause low bone density).

Reply to Lia