Question
Posted by: without hope | 2007/04/24

struggeling with depression

I have been on anti-depressants since last year yet there is some mornings i wake up feeling a pain on the right side of head that doesnt seem to go a away. I feel that i go mad any moment yet feelings of guilt for beeing like that. A Feeling of dissapointmend for the people and friends around you.Most people find it very hard to understand.They think you just have to snap out of it but it is not that easy.Beinging in things like but your faith in God.And sometime you feel like please just understand depression for what is is dont judge the person that suffers from it but just love and support them even just the ability to listen can mean alot to a depressed person.

I find to hard to talk about these feelings yet i dont want to keep it to myself.Luckely i can come and share here with you guys and i dont have to feel alone its not my fault maybe if i had a little more support i dont have to feel ashamed about feeling like this.

First of all, you have no reason for feeling guilty about anything --- you didn't choose to feel bad in this way. Definitely none of this is your fault. What is more likely to help would be Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (CBT ) which would help you to revise all those automatically negative thoughts and assumptions you have about others and about life, and move towards a non-depressed way of living and relating to the world

3
Posted by: MJ | 2007/04/24

my dear friend, i know the feeling and know what your going thru, lift your head doll, and experience only the small things in life first, like a sunrise, flowers or love from family, and remember people around you can not make it better for you, first of all they dont understand those dark emotions, digg into your soul and find the special person you are, bring out that person and live life.................God bless you!!

Reply to MJ
Posted by: Maria | 2007/04/24

I don't think anybody who has never been depressed can really understand what it feels like. So try not to take too much notice of people who tells you to "snap out of it" - it just doesn't work that way.
Keep on taking your meds and get therapy. Other things that helped me was taking a walk every day, getting involved in charity work, learning how to ride a horse, singing in a choir.
Hang in there, it does get better eventually.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: There is always Hope | 2007/04/24

Sorry to hear about your depression, I have been living with depression for 3 years now. The first 2 years was as tough as hell. It has only been in the last year that I have become able to cope more with live. I still have bad moments in every day but now and again I have good moments. My depression came out of the blue, I did'nt know what was happening to me, I was hospitalised a few times and that did'nt work as well. Everyone said I should snap out of it too. And I later started trying harder and harder to snap out of it, and when I could'nt I would try and hide it. It didn't work. Made me feel even worse. It was only when I realised that the only person that needs to really accept my depression was me, I started not to care what other thought and didn't listen to them. I gave myself a chance, and accepted that I would have to drink my pills everyday even if it is till the day I die. Do not waste any time feeling guilty because you have depression, it is just as someone who has a physical illness, and don't worry abot what other people say, they will never understand the devastating effects depression has until they themselves go through it. I just want to share a few things with you as well, do not over exert yourself, give yourself time, and be patient I know it is very hard but you must. JUST HOLD ON TO THE HOPE THAT OVER TIME IT WILL BECOME BETTER, BELIEVE ME IT DOES. I WASN'T EVEN GIVEN A CHANGE BY MY PSYCHIATRISTS, THEY SAID I WOULD NEVER RECOVER, AND HERE I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER AND ALSO LIVING INSTEAD OF WALKING AROUND LIKE A ZOMBIE AT THE BEGINNING. GIVE YOURSELF A CHANGE AND LOOK AFTER YOURSELF, PUT YOURSELF FIRST IN YOUR LIFE. IT IS NOW TIME FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO TAKE A BACKSEAT. YOU ARE NOW YOU'RE NO.1 PRIORITY. DON'T LISTEN WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU ARE SELFISH FOR PUTTING YOUR NEEDS FIRST. EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION WHY IT HAPPENED AND HOW TO CURE IT, BUT OPINIONS IS CHEAP, YOU GET IT ANYWHERE, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM THEY ARE GOING TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE SELFISH OR WHATEVER, JUST EXPRESS YOURSELF AS YOU FEEL NOT AS YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO FEEL. BE YOURSELF

Reply to There is always Hope