Question
Posted by: Karen | 2006/05/02

Strongest Sleeping Pills you can Buy Over the Counter

I suffer with depression and I get easily stressed out and I am unable to sleep at night (I have a spastic colon and irritable bowel syndrome). I have tried AROPAX & NUZAK but they do not help. I am taking St.John's Wort and BeCalm now but it is not strong enough. The St.John's Wort seems to be working but I need something to calm me down and something to make me sleep(to stay asleep). I need the strongest over the counter sleeping pill and over the counter tranquiliser. I was on Zolpidem but it makes me hallucinate. I am tired all day as well, I can only cope for a few hours a day. Please could you help me as my doctor doesn't seem too interested in what I am saying. Thanking you kindly. Karen.

Hallo Karen
You are very much under-treated at the moment - there are may other different kinds of antidepressants that may work better than Aropax. As soon as you depression is properly treated the sleeping problem and tiredness will also get much better. Ask your doctor to refer you to a psychiatrist - they are specialists with these type of medications and will be able to help you better than a GP ! The over the counter drugs are not going to be good enough and may even make you sicker.

24
Posted by: thabang | 2016/08/05

I have been married for six years, my marriage has been the worst marriage ever, illegitimate kids are involved, girlfriends and everything u can imagen, so since I have been unable to sleep everynite for six years, but now I feel that I can't cope anymore its hard and I think I m loosing my mind...help please

Reply to thabang
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/17

I recently just found out that my partner of 10 years has a 1 year old baby with a woman he had a one night stand with. I have been having sleepless nights and crying for almost 5 weeks now. To top it all i just got mugged last night and i seem to be dealing with all sorts of feelings at the same time. I would like to know if its possible for me to buy OTC sleeping tablets that can help with my sleep and calm me down. Am even losing concentration at work.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/28

guys don't be an hero

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/07

me the same way. sometimes I find myself to tired to stand up, yet I lay in bed and watch the time go by on my phone. sometimes I even Facebook till 1am due to not being able to shut down menta

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Nigel | 2015/12/12

Research shows that using your smartphone or tablet in the evening/night totally disrupts your body's natural day-night sleep cycle (circadian rhythm). This is due to the light of the device affecting the pineal gland in your brain. Start to turn down all lights early in the evening, and rather read a book or magazine if you can't sleep. Your bedside lamp should not be bright; preferably a soft, 'warm' light. To re-establish the circadian rhythm, try to open your curtains as soon as the sun comes up and get as much sunlight into your bedroom as possible. Good luck!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/12

I am unable to sleep its been a long time. I have also have a headache the next day because of not sleeping.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/17

My Daughter is 14 and she's struggling to sleep..What can i get her over the counter??

Posted by: 31 | 2015/08/06

What sleeping tablets can kill you

Reply to 31
Posted by: Rose | 2015/06/28

I have anxiety and i am also beginning to hallucinate ..i am currently under psychiatric observation and was given Rivotril, propramolal ,imipaine, i fell fuzzy and have tension, loss of interest in life and hazy could anyone have an opinion

Reply to Rose | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Ahmed | 2015/09/27

Smile my dear

Posted by: Mokgadi | 2015/06/15

Can I find the pills at clicks or dischem

Reply to Mokgadi
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/01

Try phenergan 25mg - antihistamine. It helps you sleep but moreover helps to keep you asleep especially at the weekend when you don't have to get up.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/01

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/01/01

Posted by: Melissa | 2014/12/08

Hi I am new to the stress and anxiety could any one assist me in OTC meditation plz I am 23 and I am struggling!!!

Reply to Melissa | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/07

dear I feel you I am going through the same just know you are not alone :)

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/07

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/10/28

There is now a new product available South Africa, called Goodnight. It is contains 100% natural extracts of valerian root, rose hip and lavender. For further information please visit www.goodnightdrink.co.za

Posted by: Kent | 2013/09/08

I am unable to sleep at night and I'm currently using tripeline 25mg. I need some advise as to what the best nd strongest OTC sleeping pills are in S.A. Cape Town. I'm extremely stressed out and anxious about too many things! Plz give me some guidance as to what Is the most effective OCT sleeping pills I can get in Cape Town. I believe Donormyl in both 25mg / 50mg are the very best, but Is it available to be purchased in S.A Cape Town? Plz assist me with this one as Its driving me insane not being able to have a good, normal and unInterrupted 8 hour sleep. Plz provide me with some assistance anybody....plzzzzz...

Reply to Kent | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: thabiso | 2016/08/06

please help cant sleep at all and this is making me sick

Posted by: JOanne | 2014/10/27

Did you find out were to buy Donormyl and let me know

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/05/22

I am unable to sleep at night and looking for a good over the counter tablet that will make me sleep .please help

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/10/12

I cant sleep at all. Its a long time without sleeping. Where can I use to sleep. I have always headache.

Posted by: Zama | 2013/04/05

I am unable to sleep at night I need something to calm me down and something to make me sleep(to stay asleep) because i think my mind is over active, i will be physically exhausted but mntally wide awake. I am tired all day as well, I can only cope for a few hours a day. Please could you help

Reply to Zama