Question
Posted by: troubled | 2007/06/15

Strong cologne

A new boss has recently joined our department, a week now, he has this very very strong cologne on and ever since he's been here, i always have a headache and i cannot stand the smell. I have looked at other options like changing desks but i am really struggling.(we only have air conditioners and no windows).How do i tell him about this without sounding funny or something?

Can you ask his secretary how she manages this ? Discuss it with HR ?

4
Posted by: troubled | 2007/06/15

thank you guys for the responses. This is really bugging me because once i hace that headache, everything slows down(my work).My colleague asked me today why do i always have headaches recently. I'm just hoping that it gets finished soon ... oooh boy!!

Reply to troubled
Posted by: Dove | 2007/06/15

This can be a tricky subject you can not asked him not to wear his cologne, you do not have the right to do this even if you don't like the smell it can also cause problems at work. I suggest that if you are friendly with him just mention it to him in a nice manner but he might not take it nicely and you have to work with him. Remember there might be think that he does not like about you and mentioning it to him might cause more problems. Why not try and live with it his cologne will get finished in time and he might buy a different one.

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Nip-nip | 2007/06/15

LMAFAO Echelle,
that is a tough one i can imagine what you are going through troubled

Reply to Nip-nip
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/15

Sneeze everything he walks past you

Reply to Echelle