Question
Posted by: charlie | 2008/05/21

stroke at 30

hi,

what is the possibility of havin a stroke at 30....Im healthy female, dont smoke but have been stressed over the last few weeks. heard that the pill can cause strokes too...Noticed on monday that my left eye doesnt close completely and noticed that when i talk my mouth is slightly skew....PLEASE HELP.....VERY WORRIED AND TEARFUL!!!!!

Dear Charlie
We do see patients with strokes at a young age but more likely you may have a condition that is called Bells palsy - which is temporary in 95% of patients Rather see your doctor as soon as possible. See http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/bells/bells.htm