Posted by: Azure | 2011/11/07

stroke aid volunteering

hi cyberdoc. hoping you can point me in the right direction. in 2006 my mom had a stoke that paralysed her. due to lack of medical care (we couldnt afford pvt care and she was admitted to a public hospital where she wasnt cared for - literally) anyway, 2 years later she passed away. i would like to find out if there are any societies (like CANSA) for stroke sufferers and their families - who need volunteers, etc. i''ve tried stroke aid but it does not seem that they are running any longer. then stroke society and their website does not show they need any support. Unlike the CANSA site that is geared towards volunteers, etc. do you have any suggestions? i dont have any medical skills but surely they need lay people who can help. many just want money. i was hoping to make a more sustainable contribution.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you contact your nearest hospice and ask them if you can provide any assistance.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.