Question
Posted by: Babur786 | 2007/08/16

STROKE

Doctor I have a question for you

I have a relative who has had a stroke he has lost use of his right leg and arm after 3 weeks he had a stroke again which left him speechless, my question to you is besides the normal treatment do you know of any research or drug trials being done which can actually help him regain part of his speech or partial recovery He is 70 and in perfect health ofcourse besides his stroke

Dear Babur786
Stroke leads to a part of the brain dying and sometimes the function just don't recover. There is no drug that will help but physiotherapy and speech therapy may be useful as it can teach him to strenghten and develop these areas again.