Question
Posted by: yvonne | 2007/06/08

stroke

My aunt had a stroke on Monday the 4th of June,the doctor says they cant treat her yet because there is a lot of blood in her brain she is on life support at the moment, her family says they want to turn of the machines. I think it is to soon she needs a little more time. What can i do to help her, is it sensible to play soft music by her i heard that music helps people to come out of a coma,could it help my aunt?

Dear Yvonne
It is difficult to say - depends on where in the brain the bleed is and how bad it is - maybe you could ask her specialist?