Question
Posted by: schnooza | 2004/10/22

STRETCHMARKS AFTER PREGNANCIES, WHAT NOW??

I've had a tummy tuck & breast implant, body looks good & years of gym has paid off. Am 31, only thing detracting from the 'overall package' is the terrible stretchmarks I have around my waist & navel due to 2 pregnancies. What can be done?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Schnooza,

As you will see if you look in the archive, and a lot of the previous answers, there is unfortunately no 100% successful method to remove stretch marks completely. If there was, we'd all be smiling widely, as literally thousands of patients would queue for the cure.

There are various creams that help, such as Dermastine and Renova, as well as other treatments, such as laser and microdermabrasion. However, it would be irresponsible to try any of these without a consultation with a dermatologist for proper advice for your particular circumstances. Please do not use either Dermastine or Renova - or any other potion or cream for that matter - before getting professional advice. You could do more harm than good.