Question
Posted by: Sue | 2003/03/26

Stretches before sleeping

What would be good stretches to do before you sleep at night? Are there any bad ones? Is there somewhere where I could find a relaxing before-sleep stretch routine?

Dear Sue

I do not know of any specific routines, but would consider turning to stretching practises like yoga to find out if there are stretches that improve ones ability to relax and sleep better. If done correctly I do not think there are any bad stretches. Never stretch into pain, hold each stretch for 30 sec repeating it 2-3 times. Think about your breathing, taking deep slow breaths in and out. If you have tension in certain muscle groups I would try to focus on these a liitle more but not ignoring the rest of your body.

All the best