Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2004/10/21

Stretch marks at 23!!!!

I am a very small person and my weight never fluctuates, I went to America for 3 months and gained 8kgs, I thought this was great because in sa I could never gain weight, little did I know that I would get stretch marks, when i got back to SA I saw my dermatologist you recommended Dermastine which did help to lighten them but they are still there and I am very aware of them and wont wear a normal bikini bottom because of it, is laser worth my while, will they ever go away???

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Leigh,

There really is no cure for stretch marks, and any treatment such as laser or microdermabrasion will help, but not totally remove it. I would still recommend that you visit a dermatologist with a cosmetic laser for advice, though.

1
Posted by: Little Helper | 2004/10/24

Leigh, I am the same age as you and also have stretch marks. I found a new cream by Loreal "Stretchmark corrector" that i am using to try lighten them. But the doc is absoultely right there is no way to remove them without cosmetic surgery.

Dont let them stop you from wearing what you want to wear, most of the time people dont even notice them - especially men! Look around at other girls on the beach etc and you will notice that almost every one has stretch marks - dont let them destroy your quality of living :)

Reply to Little Helper