Posted by: Charlie | 2002/12/24

Stretch marks

I am 22 years old and have very bad stretch on my thighs and legs. I am VERY self consious about this, and I don't want to wear any short shorts! Please can't you help me? Is there any thing (not too expensive) that I can use to reduce the marks? I am also getting married soon, I this is a problem for me, because, as I said, I fee very consious

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Charlie, it all depends on how bad the stretch marks are. These days they can do wonders, but those big blue-purplish ones are very difficult to get rid of. I suppose you’ve already tried vitamin E cream and Bio-oil® and that you’re now looking for something more drastic. There are truckloads full of creams and potions that promise to take them away, but most of them have disappointing results. The best would probably be to see a dermatologist that specializes in this kind of thing or of course a plastic surgeon. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.