Question
Posted by: lundi | 2007/12/05

stressed by my woman boss

I am so fra, my boss doesn't care about me she only need progress and I got projects that I must do but don't know a thing abot them, she claims to be busy always she ignores me when I ask for meeting to discuss what to do, I am a female too I got my PMS like her but she seems irritated everytime I need her, don't know what to do cos I am not perfoming and I can be poorly assessed by her, worse she is not open, I feel like resigning but where to go cos I am a bread winner, we r working for goverment,

Maybe it;d be wise, politely, to put your requests for meetings in writing, even by e-mail, so you have a record of having asked for meetings and of being either ignored or refused. Maybe these messages could also record, very politely, that some of the reports you are being asked to write, are on topics you haven't been associated with and don't know much about, and asking for more information about what should be included in them ? Hope*'s comments make good sense, too, as usual --- isn't there an HR person or dept you could talk this over with ?

1
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/12/05

Is handling these projects part of your job description? If so why cant you handle them? If not part of your job description then it would be safe to assume that she is loading her work on yourself. If this is the case, you can lay a formal complaint against her stating your grievances. Going about this procedure can be taxing emotionally, so make sure you are up to standing up to her as you are slightly intimidated by her. I dont think her being a woman boss should be an issue, a man boss could also treat you in this way.

Reply to Hope*