Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2007/03/26

Stressed

Hi Doc,

Im 11 weeks pregnant, after two miscarriages both at 6 weeks. Im kinda scared that something might go wrong. I just need a confirmation that chances are slim for something to happen now. I dont wanna go thru that route again.

Thanx

Dear Heidi

Unfortunately there is no guarantee that your pregnancy will be uneventful. It may be advisable to consider a shirodkar stitch in your current pregnancy. This is a procedure done in theatre where a suture is inserted to help hold your cervix together and avoid a subsequent miscarriage. It must also be noted that early first trimester miscarriages can be a result of progesterone deficiencies.

2
Posted by: Heidi | 2007/03/26

Thanks you lots Dee, u made my day. I'll try to relax though it wont be easy.

Thank you.

Reply to Heidi
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/26

As you get closer to the 12 week mark, chance start to become less that you will MC. But please dont stress yourself out about this, that could do more harm. Just relax and believe that everything will be OK. Oh and enjoy it!

Reply to Dee