Question
Posted by: Carly | 2004/01/08

stress fracture

I have recently been diagnosed with a stress fracture to my Pubic.

This comes as quite a shock and disappointment, as i am currently training for Two Oceans Ultra Marathon in South Africa, 10 April (56KM). I completed last year and it was a wonderful race as it is held in Cape Town with a scenic route.

I have 4 months until the event and would like still compete. Do you have any advise that will aid me in reaching this goal? I know that i am unable to road run for the next 6 weeks, but i am receiving physio treatment 3 times a week.

looking forward to hearing from you.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Carly

The pubic area is quite unusual for a stress fracture so I am curious as to what caused this. If it is due to tight muscle putting strain on the pelvis then the physio needs to work hard on mobilising and getting flexibility in your back and hips. Electromagnetic therapy is also good for speeding up the healing time of fractures.
As for CApe Town being beautiful, I agree - I live and surf here and get to expirience it in all its splendor everyday!
Douglas