Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2003/12/03

Stress balls????

Recently I have noticed balls in the back of my head just below the hairline. Each of these balls is on the sides on the veins coming from the spine to the head. The part of the head has been very painful due to these balls. My neece said that it was due to worry and stress. I have never had a problem with sinus but after developing the balls, I started experiencing problem with my one nose as the veins were swollen and I was sneezing. The nose was painful in the inside as well. My other nose started bleeding but just for a few minutes and I was shocked to see such an action as I have never experienced it before.

In the back of my head again, I started developing sores that came to the surface. All were quiet big and painful. Is there a reason that these could be coming out?

I went to my doctor to consult and all that he could give was an antibiotic and pain killers. They are helping but I would like to know what the real real reason could be as he does not seem to have an idea.

Dear stressed,
Well. in one way or another much or all of this could indeed be stress related. Sometimes when over-stressed, we notice something atually normal about ourselves and our body, and grow anxious about it --- for instance, around the area you describe, our skull normally has a couple of bumps which would feel tender, like any bone, if we pressed on them firmly. In such a case, one would develope pain, due to stress, even with nothing actually wrong physically. Probably even more common, one can develop knotty areas of painful tightness within any of our muscles, related to stress. Also, one has some lymph nodes in that area ( normal body parts which are like filters to clear up infections and some debris ) which can become enlarged and inflamed at times --- I remember this happening to me, for instance, just before I developed German Measles, and the swelling disappeared as I recovered from that Rubella infection.
The problem with your nose may have developed around that time, without necessarily being connected, except in the sense that stress can be associaetd with a lowered immunity and thus it's easier to pick up various infections, and harder to fight them off effectively.
I'm pleased to hear that whatever the detailed cause may have been, that the doctor's antibiotics are helping. perhaps my Health24 colleague Cyberdoc may have more ideas about what may have caused these problems ; but anyway, the most important thing is that these clear up. Someimes one never quite finds out exactly what caused some such episodes of illness, Annoyingly

1
Posted by: Lass | 2003/12/04

Try to do an HIV test and more test and u will find the cause of the problem.

Reply to Lass