Posted by: Tikka | 2008/07/08


A couple of Months back we were involved in a armed robbery at home. Now i get scared very easily. When i get scared i feel nauseous and start to shake. Do i need to see a shrink / go on anti depressants?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I wouldn't immedately think of antidepressants, as this isn't depression as such. This is a not uncommon reaction to trauma, posibly (though this is still early to make such a diagnosis, ) a variety of PTSD, and an anxiety disorder more than depression. CBT counselling and medication, psossibly with drugs otherwise also used to treat Depression, should help. But first see a good local shrink for a thorough assessment, and a discussion of your treatment options.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Tikka | 2008/07/10

Yes, my husband is just very angry, my three year old boy is seeing a psyc. It has had a very bad affect on my child, but than you

Reply to Tikka
Posted by: T | 2008/07/08

my bipolar friend had an armed robbery at her house. her psyc upped her meds and she is seeing a psycologist.
very sad that these things happen, it does quite a bit of damage. anyone else who was involved in the robbery should also be checked out. my friends 6yr old is going for play therapy

Reply to T

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.