Question
Posted by: Nitro | 2007/06/02

Stres

hi,im batling with ibs for a while now and seem to not be myself lately and its starting to affect my job.I think its got someting to do with stres.what can i do to cope with it.

Pleace advise

thanks

Whether stress on its own causes IBS is controversial, but I see no room for doubt that it is a very important factor in intitating it and keeping it going, and that other means of treatment are unlikely to succeed without due attention being paid to the stress issues. CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) from a good local shrink would probably be the best means of i9dentifying the sources of stress, reducing their potency, and learning to handle stress more effectively.