Question
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/15

Streesed and fustrated

Im 26 yrs old,when I was young I was sexually abused by my cousin brother and I never tell anyone abt this and now its haunting me I dont have peace with myself,love for other people Im always moody and this is destroying my relationships and my friendship with other people.I have anger inside me which always make me sad.Pls help or coz I wanna leave a happy life

Dear Angie,
ASorry to hear about what happened to you earlier -- you CAN lead a happy life, and deserve to. See a counseloor to work on all these unpleasant eelings. Maybe first see a shrink for an assessment, as you may have a condition like Depression which can be very successfully treated. I agree with Shaun, call Lifeline for advice on a good local counsellor. You need someone with broad skills, and not someone devoted solely to dealing with abuse issues.

9
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/16

Guys u r truely a blessing from God I've been with this problem for many years and didnt know what to do but I told myself I had enough of hurting innocent people who dont know what Im going through coz all this time I thought I was happy but deep inside I was not.Now its time to let go.Thanx a lot guys for the advices,care,encouragement.Its time for us to help each other in times of sorrow.Knock and the door will be open for you and thats what u guys did for me.God bless.I'll keep updating u of whats happening.Lets pray for each other.

Reply to Angie
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/16

I am so glad you guys are helping each other, sometimes just knowing there is someone out there that shares your feelings or what you are going through is encouraging in itself.

JJ, I apologise for assuming you were male. Your writing sounded very much like you can relate so well to Angie's experiences, so I did think it odd that you could be male, but went with the nick used. Again sorry. I am glad though that you feel so positive in working through this.

Take care you girls,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: just jim | 2004/11/16

Hi just to respond to cybershrink...Yep this person deals with everything, from nitty gritty stuff to anger to depression and it all makes sense and unfolds daily as the healing takes place! i have mailed you Angie, my name does not appear as Just Jim so try not to delete my e-mail if you do not recognize the name on the e-mail addy!

Ta

Reply to just jim
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/16

Hi there I still say thanx a lot I can feel that u feel the pain with me may God continue blessing u for helping and encourage people that r going through the problem I have.My email addr is angie1978 at webmail contact me there so that I can give u my contact numbers.I'll call Nicky and give feedback.Thanx.

Reply to Angie
Posted by: Just Jim | 2004/11/16

Hi i am a girl by the way... No worries friends, hmmmm i hope you look back on this e-mail so that we can keep in touch. I am just trying to think of a way to contact you to give you info - in fact i wish i could just be there for you right now and give you a huge hug! Let me think of something or phone this number 011 680 1569 and ask for the number of Nicky (she is a wonderful person, she helps me alot) I am not giving you her direct number due to certain safety issues for your sake and mine... But please do this and do not let your fear get the better of you. If you need more info on how to prepare yourself and what to say before you phone dont hesistate i am behind you all the way!!!

Good luck Angie - you special
Me :-)

Reply to Just Jim
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/16

Hi Angie,

What an apt & understanding response from JJ. Sounds like someone who can relate so well to what you have been & are going through.

I sincerely hope you get the details you requested from him. If not, don't despair. At the top of this page is the national Lifeline contact number. I am certain they would help you or direct you to your nearest counsellor.

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/15

Angie... sorry that life has been so cruel to you. There are people who hate themselves, who are moody and angry who have never been abused the way that you have. You chose the way that you react to things in life... you can chose to be patient or you can chose to be moody and irritable. Look inside yourself for the answers that you seek... move forward in life.
I know it is terribly difficult to get that frame of mind... but it can be done.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Angie | 2004/11/15

Thanx a lot for ur response,I really appreciate ur help can u pls give me details of the special person who can help me coz I stay in joburg.

Reply to Angie
Posted by: just Jim | 2004/11/15

Hi there, reality hit home...and it hurts like hell, you have no clue what to do but run and run far where no one knows you because you always feel you need to start again....BUT you dont all you need to do is speak to someone - someone who cares alot because nothing can help and nothing can take away what you are feeling, no one understands and you wont think anyone ever will. But as each day unfolds you will understand that no matter what you are precious!!! So i urge you to find someone and speak to them, ASAP if you in Joburg area i know of someone very special to help.

Let me know

Reply to just Jim