Posted by: Carol | 2008/08/22

Strays getting out of hand now

I wish to goodness people would " fix"  their cats , its not that hard truly , make a flippin appointment and have it done , if you cant afford it dont have a cat.

We live in the middle of nowhere , probably 3 cat lovers in the region and im being generous .

Freeway we caught and neutered about 4 months ago , a largish boy who piddled in my house happily and fought like a tiger .... now minus his equipment his bad behaviour has stopped , only problem is he has turned into an adult kitten !!!

Cat no 13 has now made an appereance , piddling happily and fighting with my gang , he has now been caught and his appointment is next week thursday ..... yet another large beautiful Tom ......

Cat no 14 is lurking in the sugar cane , and judging by the smell in my kitchen is also piddling happily , and contemplating life as a house cat.

Dear Carol

I sometimes wonder what all the charities are up to. Some of them get funding from overseas and I feel should be a bit more practical on how they spend their money.

One good example of money wastage: Two dogs with sarcoptic mange treated at a local charity. (Keeping in mind that they have a bath in the garden with dip made up already). Both dogs went home with a few dose of Advantix, dip for mange and essential fatty acid supplement. This is a case of bad diagnoses, over-kill with treatment and possibly too much red tape to have enough animals neutered.

Posted by: George | 2008/08/25

Agree with CyberVet. First on list of charitites should be spay, spay and spay, neuter, neuter and neuter. ne charity had a spayathon in Soweto 2 years ago - 200 dog done, and unfortunetley not enough Vets volunteerred to make even more of a difference - but at least 200 cannot produce any longer - and that makes a difference. I also believe before all treatments are done, make sure not more unwanted come into the world.
I only have strays - and have never had a litter of anything, but strays also keep filling up my home.

Reply to George