Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2008/01/31

Stray Kitten caught

Hello all.
Just to let you know that the stray kitten that I posted about yesterday has been caught :-)
My husband and I came to my work premises last night to pack the pallets nicely to make catching the kitten a bit easier. One of the guys from the towing company that shares our premises was still at work so my husband told him that if any of them manage to catch the kitten (Unharmed) he will give them R 50. At 10 o'clock this morning the guy bought me the kitten in a box !!! And he was over the moon about the R 50 I gave him.
Luckily I work across the road from a vet. So I took the kitten there are they are keeping it for the day to check it out. It seems to be about 2 months old, and very scared. The lady at the vet phoned the Animal-Anti Cruelty and the SPCA but they can''t take it..............so guess what.....................I have another cat, bringing the tally to 6.
The next step is trying to explain this to my husband :-)
Wish me luck !!!

Lucky kitten. Thansk for taking care of them.

7
Posted by: Carol | 2008/02/01

Cat Lady

Its only temporary but I cook rice and mix in lucky pet /.... not ideal but I have noticed that not one of them has losy any condition so it cant be that bad .

Its lousy but we didnt have much choice ..I was faced with reducing cats or changing diet .. so I figured well at least this way they are being fed .

A tin of lucky pet is R4.59 so it works out quite cheap . Another thing you can do is get minced chicken .... our vet sells it for about R10.00 a kilo and also mix with rice.

Its saving me about R400.00 a month which at the monet we sorely need .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/02/01

well i have advice for the vet bills at least
i have a 32 day call account that a certain amount of money goes into every month
it is connected to my pet emergency credit card

so if something unexpected comes up with my babies i pay with my credit card
then i go to the bank and put notice on the amount of money needed to pay off the card and it is paid off

i only use the money in the 32 day call to pay off this card
and the card is only for emergencies or sometimes to buy pet food if budgets are tight

the nice thing i if you just teach yourself to forget about the card and account and are very strict on yourself
you can build a nice little savings which you can use to treat yourself if you want
the credit card stays paid off
you always have that emergency fund building
and it teaches you to save which very few people do

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2008/01/31

Natasha, You think you have troubles with your bank balance. I started off with 2 13 years ago and we now have 15 (1 was out down last week from complications froim biliary. They are all rescue cats and we have 6 dogs as well. Carol, please tell me your cheap way to feed them all as my vet bill comes to over R2000 - R3000 per month. We are getting on and we are already on the vets' welfare list but any advice will help. I would rather starve myself then feeding feeding all my crew.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Carol | 2008/01/31

Natasha I had 4 2 years ago , now I have 11 and stray and yes my bank balance is tight ..but I have a cheap way to fed all my cats until money improves ...

Its life some of us poor suckers have to look after all these neglected babies .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blaah | 2008/01/31

Agh if you were in pretoria i would take you newest addition off your hands

i am looking for a ferral :(
perhaps i should start looking for a colony again ...

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Natasha | 2008/01/31

Hi Kate :-)
I just wish my bank balance doubled as fast as my cat family :-))))
The 2 little ones (whom my husband has named Lancealot and Brat ) are doing very well. They are still not eating on their own, but I think they are on the verge of starting. My mom looks after them during the day, and I get an sms at least every hour telling me what mischief they are getting up to. They have started playing and stalking the balls etc in their playpen. Very cute to watch.
Hope your furkids are well :-)

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: Kate | 2008/01/31

Ha ha ha Natasha - gosh from 3 kitties to 6 in a matter of weeks, how are the 2 little ones doing?
6 cats is not so bad, really nice in winter as they keep you super warm and winter in PMB is cold.
Keep us updated and goodluck

Reply to Kate