Question
Posted by: terrified | 2004/11/22

strangely irregular periods

i am 16 yrs old and hve my periods for 2 yrs. i do get it regularly but for the past 3-4 mnths for the entire first and second days there has been nothing. when it starts there is a brownish substance but then for next 2 days there is nothing and then after this period my real period begins.im xtremely worried that there is sumthin seriosly wrong with me.i dont know where to turn please please help me.

I doubt that there is anything serious wrong. It can happen that the lining of the womb sheds irregularly and you theefore have spotting before the full period starts.