Question
Posted by: iris | 2004/10/06

Strange yet really annoying itch

I dunno if this is the right place to ask , but i have the most annoying itchy skin around my anus.It will be itchy a the most random times.It wakes me up at night and i'm itchy.When i wear thongs it sometimes gets itchy.But most of the time it fine. I am a total hygene freak in that area and clean all the time very well.Could it be possible that i clean too well and might have ecsima around my anus.Cos i have never had anul sex and my boyfriend uses protection most of the time.
Should i maybe use some kind of anti fungal cream?

You could be reacting to some of the clean up stuff you use. Try cahnging that. IF it persists see your GP for an examination and opinion

1
Posted by: T | 2004/10/06

hi there, i've had the same problem for 7 years! went to my gynae last week and she told me to clean the area gently using wet wipes when going to the loo, she mentioned a cream that they use for babies, i think its Kamillo or something like that, but i never used it yet. She also mentioned that I shouldn't use soap in that area...try your verrrry best not to scratch, its been two weeks and I hardly have this problem, only some mornings now. I know its a horrible embarrassing condition. Also dont use bubble bath and if the area gets moist because of sweat, try using keep a tissue there to keep it dry, you can change it every couple of hours. Let me know if this helps...

Reply to T