Posted by: Lynne | 2008/09/18

Strange throbbing

Good day

I am a 29 year old woman, have been on an antidepressant, first prozac, thereafter cilift,for about a year now as well as a few years earlier. I am also taking glucophage for an insulin resistant condition. I have a very embarrassing problem. For about 9 years i have been having strange throbbing sensations in my genital areas including anus vagina and thighs, its not a sexual sensation, it feels more like a nerve throbbing if that makes sense. I went to a doctor before and he could not really answer me. I basically just ignored it thinking it would go away. A few people i have spoken to have said that it could be physical symptoms of anxiety. I am going for a general check up next week, is there anything you could suggest in this regard.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Lynne
I think you should probably get a thorough gynecological evaluation with a sonar of the pelvis to exclude ovarian cysts, uterus abnormalities, endometriosis, or pelvis muscle abnormalities ( this could be a deep pelvic muscle spasm). It could also be related to a lower spine problem - pressure on the sacral nerve roots can also cause these symptoms.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.