Question
Posted by: Brzoza | 2005/01/07

Strange skin problem

I am 52. In the last few weeks I noticed strange eruptions on my body, especially on legs and arms. It is slightly risen red dot surrounded by very white skin. The whole thing is about 5mm in diameter. I have millions of them. It does not cause any problems, it does not itch but it looks very ugly. What is it? How can I get rid of it? Please help. My GP does not know what this is.

Brzoza, it sounds like eczema or contact dermatitis, but I can’t really say what it is without being able to see it first. The best would be to see a dermatologist (skin specialist) and have it sorted out. Good luck.