Posted by: worried girlfriend | 2007/03/13

Strange skin irritation

Hiya doc
My boyfriend has been complaining for a few days now about a strange soreness on his back and chest.
He said it is sore to lie on and to touch (if you skim your fingers over the part that hurts) but says it doesnt hurt when you push it. He said its not the muscle, it seems to be the skin. But there are no visible marks.
He is being a typically stubborn guy by refusing to go to the doc because he thinks it will go away, but i know it's worrying him.
Do you have any idea what it might be? If i can give him some idea i might be able to convince him to go to the doc.
Thanks so much

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Worried Girlfriend
Please keep an eye on the area, it may be the pre-amble of herpes Zoster infection. If a rash appears he needs to get medication for it within 24 hours. Sometimes a viral infection like flu can also cause hyper sensitivity of the skin?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.