Posted by: Lumpy | 2009/07/13

Strange lumps that itch on my skin

Good day Doc.

for some time now I have been getting small raised lumps on my skin, strangely enough only on the left side of my body, be it on my face, arms, tummy, back and legs. Initally they look like a mossie bite but itch like crazy so I do scratch them until they bleed, even after having applied a product called anthisan, thinking that maybe it is a bit of sorts. as at yesterday on my left leg I now have like a perfect row of 17 of these things appear. what on earth can this be? Pharmacist recommended the anthisan but it has made no difference, besides it looking gastly once I have scratched they take llike weeks to heal and leave marks on my skin. Any ideas ??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Lumpy
It could be hives - I think your doctor should have a look just to exclude some kind of skin infection. Something like Aterax would probably help for the itching but you may even need cortisone.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.