Question
Posted by: Miranda | 2003/02/20

Strange Bowl movements

I'm 27, otherwise healthy and on no medication. For the past 6 hours I have had continual bowl movements which are bright orange, liquid and very oily. It's as if it is pure oil. What on earth could this be? I cant find any symptoms which match this description.

Miranda, your symptoms are due to excess fat in the stools. This might be because you ate too much fat or that for some reason your gallbladder didn’t secrete enough bile or that you’re starting with an infection. If it has cleared up by the time you get this reply, you have nothing to worry about. If it hasn’t cleared up or if it gets worse, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.